Here is a list:
- Today was the last day of classes!
- Today was a 2-hour awards ceremony, and the student council awarded one of my best friends a “you are a great supporter and teacher” award, and then that teacher received a standing ovation!
- Today my last two multivariable calculus presentations happened. And one of the presentations involved the creation of a gravity defying wine bottle holder, that the audience couldn’t believe worked. It seemed to defy all logic to them. Which meant the kid did good.
- I got a card from a kid who wrote “thank you for being a great mentor on the final project; without your help, I would not have been able to complete what is definitely the most personally rewarding academic assignment of my high school career.”
- I got a note from a kid who did his final project creating a plugin for Minecraft to detect for cheaters who are “xraying” to find diamonds, and it seems like this might extend beyond the classroom and our own school Minecraft servers: “I’d just like to let you know that I’m currently working on trying to get other Minecraft servers to test/use my plugin. By distributing it over a couple Internet forums and providing documentation, I’m hoping that a decent amount of people will try it out and let me know how it works for them in practice. I think it definitely has the potential to be useful to a large number of people, and I’m looking forward to seeing how people receive it.” I’m dying with excitement!
- After school today, six members of the math department went out and had a “game night” where we played: boggle, wits and wagers, contact, and mind meld. It was crazy fun!
Those are so many good things, and I’m on cloud nine.