Today was the kind of day that made me think about whether or not I really want to be a teacher. I got home and Googled “For days I don’t want to be a teacher” and found nothing, so I’m going to make my own list.
- I have an influence in the lives of my students. Even when I don’t see it.
- I have great colleagues.
- I get to talk about math all day.
- Teenagers are funny.
- I get to play the Wicked soundtrack in class.
- I get to take care of young people when they’re hurting.
- I get to be a positive role model to young people that really need one.
- There are chocolate muffins in the teacher workroom.