- On my morning commute, I saw a former colleague at the subway and we chatted as we rode the subway together. It was a lovely way to start the day!
- One of my students in 1st period class made vegan sugar cinnamon donuts (she’s a huge baker), and gave me one. It was soooooo good!
- We had our first “math team” match, and 22 students showed up!!! It was awesome!
- One of my students was having trouble with combinations/permutations/counting principle problems, so he came to see me, and I loved our meeting. We resolved misconceptions. It was short but sweet!
- One of the Oakes twins — one of the artists we have in the math art show I’ve been organized — came to the school to install his pieces. And we got to talk and geek out a bit about math, so I was thrilled to meet him. We got some amazing pieces from them!
- One of my precalculus kids asked me if I was free to watch the varsity soccer team play a game against a rival school. I worked super hard during my freetime today so that I could make this happen. So at 4:10 I left with Maria to go see the game. It is held at the absolute coolest soccer field in the world — with a view of the Manhattan skyline and Brooklyn Bridge.And Kristin even came too! And I stayed until 6:30. And WE WON!!! And the student who asked me scored a few goals! He was a rockstar!
- I got this tweet from Sara, and I died! SO COOL!